Ingredients – 4 portions:
- 5 heads of endive, cut in half
- 3 cloves of sliced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of sugar water (dissolve half a teaspoon of sugar in one and a half tablespoons of boiling water)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Tablespoon of chopped parsley
- Sea salt, ground black pepper
Heat the oven to 180°C.
Arrange the cut endive heads in a roasting tray, brush with sugar water, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic and thyme. Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned and softened. Meanwhile mix the breadcrumbs, parsley, salt and pepper.
Remove the endive heads from the oven, arrange in a serving dish, top with the breadcrumb mixture and serve immediately.